Refer to H.D.® Service Manual for specifications.
WARNING: Disconnect negative battery cable!
1. Refer to service manual for removal of primary cover.
2. If you are removing motor sprocket nut, install locking bar so that it is
laying flat in between the clutch sprocket and the motor sprocket.
3. With locking bar in between the two teeth on the front motor sprocket, in
the 4-O’clock position, and the other end of bar in between the two
teeth of the clutch hub at about the 10-O’clock position.
4. You are ready to remove the motor sprocket nut using hand tools only! WARNING: Do not use air or electrical
5. To install front motor sprocket nut to the right torque, install the locking bar opposite of the instructions in #2 with
one end of bar at clutch hub in the 8-O’clock position and the other end at the 2-O’clock position.